To inquire about a class, workshop, or residency contact: email@example.com
- $60 per session ($45 for Title 1 Schools)
- $2.00 per student material fee may apply, please inquire (discounts for supplies donations apply)
Puppet Making and Performance Residencies
Tears of Joy Theatre’s Puppet Residencies bring curriculum to life. Teaching Artists lead the classroom in a 3 – 5 day classroom residency in which students are cast in a play, construct their own puppets, and learn how to bring them to life. Every residency culminates in a fun in-class performance!
- Adaptable for all ages, grades PK – college
- Young Audiences and Right Brain Roster Artist
- Taught by trained Teaching Artists and professional Puppeteers.
- 3- 5- day residency
- While a standard residency is 5 days, we can also do a 3 or 4-day residency. Call to discuss this option.
- 55-minute sessions per day
- Suitable to fit any classroom size
Discuss your class’ needs at the planning meeting with your artist. New stories/plays can be created for your class with an additional fee.
Possible Stories include:
- The Grouchy Ladybug, by Eric Carle
- Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
- Frog Girl, by Paul Owen Lewis (Native American)
- The Great Race, A Story of the Chinese Zodiac
- Anansi and the Moss Covered Rock, by Eric Kimmel (West African)
- Papagayo, by Gerald McDermott (bilingual, Central America)
- Momotaro the Peach Boy (Japanese)
- Journey to Sargasso Sea (original story for oceanic unit)
- Don Perezoso (original bilingual story for rainforest unit)
Tears of Joy will create an original play for your classroom to bring ANY subject or lesson to life!
Residencies at Title 1 Schools have been made possible in part through the generosity of Target