To inquire about a class, workshop, or residency contact: email@example.com
- $60 per session ($45 for Title1 Schools)
- $1.50 per student material fee may apply, please inquire(discounts for supplies donations apply)
Tears of Joy Theatre’s Puppet Residencies bring curriculum to life. Teaching Artists lead the classroom in a 3 – 5 day classroom residency in which students are cast in a play, construct their own puppets, and learn how to bring them to life. Every residency culminates in a fun in-class performance!
- 3- 5- day residency
- While a standard residency is 5 days, we can also do a 3 or 4-day residency. Call to discuss this option.
- 55-minute sessions
- Suitable to fit any classroom size
Discuss your class’ needs at the planning meeting with your artist. New stories/plays can be created for your class with an additional fee.
Possible Stories include:
- The Grouchy Ladybug, by Eric Carle
- Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
- Frog Girl, by Paul Owen Lewis (Native American)
- The Great Race, A Story of the Chinese Zodiac
- Anansi and the Moss Covered Rock, by Eric Kimmel (West African)
- Papagayo, by Gerald McDermott (bilingual, Central America)
- Momotaro the Peach Boy (Japanese)
- Journey to Sargasso Sea (original story for oceanic unit)
- Don Perezoso (original bilingual story for rainforest unit)
Tears of Joy will create an original play for your classroom to bring ANY subject or lesson to life!
- Projection and amplification
- Mirrors and Prisms
- Sound Vibrations (and sound effects)
- 1 – 5, 55-minute sessions - Daily educational performances by Teaching Artist, construction of complex shadow puppets with color, exploration of sound and effects, student in-class performances with possibility of Parent audience.
Residencies at Title 1 Schools have been made possible in part through the generosity of Target